Excel Import Troubleshooting
For details on how to successfully import an Excel Trial Balance see:
Importing an Excel Trial Balance
Excel Import Trouble Shooting
- Use the provided template
- Example File
- The header through row 5 is required. Data begins on line 6. If the header is missing, the file won't import properly.
- Always have a Total Row. A Total row is required for import. It should be named "Total" in column A. If a total row is not included, or not named, the last line of the trial balance data may not be imported.
- Make sure that the cells below Total Row do not contain any data
- Make sure that none of the cells in Column B (Account) do not have numbers. Numbers in this column are recognized by Tallyfor as a number and confuse the importer. If a number is necessary this can resolved by putting an apostrophe ' before the number (this is an Excel thing) which will enable it to be imported.
- Use unique Account numbers. Decimals are not allowed.
- When Pasting into template, paste Values Only. Formulas pasted in the template will cause the import to fail.
- Note: If you have accounts with xero amount, the file will import but the accounts with xero amounts will not be imported.
If you are still having trouble importing the file, please send the file over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will further troubleshoot for you!