In this Article
First Time Setup for UltraTax
The the first time you use UltraTax with Tallyfor, you need to set up a column mapping. This helps UltraTax identify the columns of the Tallyfor generated file.
You only need to do this one time.
1. In Tallyfor, download an UltraTax file of a client you have mapped. You will use this file as an example.
2. In UltraTax, in a new client, Go to Utilities/Trial Balance Excel Import. (See screenshot below)
3. Under File, select the File you dowloaded in Step 1. Click Next.
4. Follow the instructions and use the dropdown arrows to identify the appropriate column. You need to map all five columns.
5. It will look like this when you're done, with Account Number, Account Description, Unit, Tax Code, and Amount properly identified. (In that order).
7. You've now set up and save a column mapping. You can use this mapping for all future Tallyfor imports.
How to Import Tallyfor Data into UltraTax
Importing your UltraTax data file is simple. If this is the first time importing a Tallyfor file into UltraTax, please set up a column mapper first.
1) In the client you wish to import, go to Utilities/Trial Balance Excel Import. (See screenshot below)
2) Browse and select the Tallyfor UltraTax File. Select "Use a previous defined mapping" and chose the mapping you set up for Tallyfor. Click Next.
4) UltraTax will import the data and show a dialog box when complete. Click Done and review your data in UltraTax.
FAQs, Tips and Troubleshooting
Tip for UltraTax Imports
Proformas and Schedule L Balances
If you proforma a return in UT that was previously hand-keyed, you will likely see duplicate lines on the subschedules from Schedule L when you import from Tallyfor the first time. Please use the steps below to clean up those duplicates; future roll forwards/proformas will match up correctly.