In this Article
First Time Setup for UltraTax
The the first time you use UltraTax with Tallyfor, you need to set up a column mapping. This helps UltraTax identify the columns of the Tallyfor generated file.
You only need to do this one time.
1. In Tallyfor, download an UltraTax file of a client you have mapped. You will use this file as an example.
2. In UltraTax, in a new client, Go to Utilities/Trial Balance Excel Import. (See screenshot below)
3. Under File, select the File you dowloaded in Step 1. Click Next.
4. Follow the instructions and use the dropdown arrows to identify the appropriate column. You need to map all five columns.
5. It will look like this when you're done, with Account Number, Account Description, Unit, Tax Code, and Amount properly identified. (In that order).
7. You've now set up and save a column mapping. You can use this mapping for all future Tallyfor imports.
Mapping for Partnerships
(as of 2/9/2022)
- For Partnership (1065) imports you do not need to map Units (Column C)
- You can create a second mapping file that simply sets the Unit column not to pull in. Here are some screenshots on how to do this. We will resolve the need to make a second mapping for partnerships in a future release.
How to Import Tallyfor Data into UltraTax
Importing your UltraTax data file is simple. If this is the first time importing a Tallyfor file into UltraTax, please set up a column mapper first.
1) In the client you wish to import, go to Utilities/Trial Balance Excel Import. (See screenshot below)
2) Browse and select the Tallyfor UltraTax File. Select "Use a previous defined mapping" and chose the mapping you set up for Tallyfor. Click Next.
4) UltraTax will import the data and show a dialog box when complete. Click Done and review your data in UltraTax.