In This Article
Tallyfor Connect FAQs
What is a Chrome extension?
You can add new features to Chrome by installing extensions. Visit the Chrome Web Store on your desktop computer to add Tallyfor Connect.
Does this work with other browsers? Do you have to use Chrome?
This extension is for the Chrome browser, including Chrome for windows.
You can get chrome here.
How does it work?
The Tallyfor Connect extension automatically completes an Intuit ProConnect tax return with data prepared by Tallyfor Balance.
How do I get it?
Visit the Chrome Web Store here.
You can find Tallyfor Connect on the Chrome Web Store here.
How much does it cost?
Tallyfor connect is included with Tallyfor Balance at no additional cost.
Learn more about Tallyfor Balance here.
Does it work for individual returns? (Form 1040)
Tallyfor Connect is currently only for the business returns: 1120, 1120S and 1065. If you are interested in 1040 returns, please contact us.
This is cool, how do I send you a coffee?
Thanks! We love coffee! Please rate us on the Chrome Web Store here!
How to Get the Tallyfor Connect Chrome Extension
You can find Tallyfor Connect on the Google Chrome Web Store here.
Step 1: Click "Add to Chrome"
Step 2: Click Add extension
Step 3: You will see this window when the extension has been added.
Step 4: Click on Extensions (Puzzle Piece) Icon in Browser
How to Import Tallyfor Data into Intuit ProConnect
First, you'll need Tallyfor Connect - our Chrome plugin - in order to populate tax forms with Intuit ProConnect. If you haven't installed it yet, please follow these instructions.
Once you have prepared a return in Tallyfor, you can auto-fill a return in ProConnect with your adjusted tax balances from Tallyfor.
1. Download the tax file from Tallyfor.
2. Open up the corresponding return in ProConnect Tax. Head to the 'Input Return' tab. Stay on the 'Table of Content' tab.
3. Locate Tallyfor Connect from your extensions menu.
***If you haven't already, now is good time to pin the extension for quick access. Once pinned, it will be visible in your Chrome toolbar.
5. After uploading the .json file, click "Auto-fill Form" button. IMPORTANT: DO NOT NAVIGATE AWAY FROM THE BROWSER TAB. Just sit back for a minute and let the machines do the work!
6. Once the process is complete, you'll receive a notification in Tallyfor Connect. After you receive the notification, you can close the extension and move on to review.