CCH Axcess API
In this article
What is CCH Axcess API
The CCH API allows Tallyfor to sync directly with CCH access.
It requires the additional purchase of a CCH OIK (Open Integration Kit) license*. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this feature.
- Sync CCH Client and returns
- Push completed tax data right into CCH
*Tallyfor does not have a commercial relationship with Wolters Kluwers
How to Enter Your Firm's CCH Axcess API Key Into Tallyfor
In order to enable CCH Axcess direct integration features, you need to set your API key in Tallyfor. Only an Admin can do this, and you only need to do this once for all users of the firm.
You will need:
Please have this information ready before proceeding. Click on the resources above for guides on retrieving the info from Axcess.
1. Go to SETTINGS in Tallyfor.
3. Enter required info. All fields must be completed.
How To Get Client ID and Client Secret from CCH Axcess
This is the first of three steps required to configure the Tallyfor integration with CCH Axcess Tax.
There first step is to add Tallyfor as an application in CCH Axcess. With this, you will generate your CCH Axcess API Key for your firm. A CCH Administrator needs to do this once for the firm.
Please be familiar with this Tallyfor help article that shows you where to put the Keys.
- Login into CCH Axcess Dashboard using:
- Your account number that is licensed for Open Integration
- A userID that has permission to view firm settings
- Navigate to Dashboard > Application Links > Firm > Developer Tools
- Click "+Add Application"
4. Complete "1-Application Details"
|Application Type||Authorization Code|
|Description||Tallyfor Balance for Trial Balances|
|Access Token Lifetime||1 hour|
|Refresh Token Lifetime||4 weeks|
5. Complete "2-Scope Definition"
|Scopes||Leave all checked "Enabled"|
6. Complete "3-OAuth Settings"
***Copy the Client ID to somewhere secure. You will need to enter them into Tallyfor's Settings.***
|Post Logout Redirect URL||https://tallyfor-backend-prod-red.herokuapp.com/CCH87913/logout|
7. Click Finish to View and copy the Secret.
***Copy Client Secret to somewhere secure. You will need to enter them into Tallyfor's Settings.***
***Copy the Client ID and Client Secret to somewhere secure. You will need to enter them into Tallyfor's Settings.***
8. Please continue on to the next step:
CCH Documentation can be found here.
How do I Get the CCH Axcess Open Integration Kit?
1) For the direct integration of Tallyfor with your firm's instance of CCH Axcess, Tallyfor requires the Open Integration Kit to be active.
Request the Open Integration Kit (OIK), Tax Integration Kit (includes API’s of Common) Version, from your CCH Axcess representative by asking them to "Authorize the use of developer tools". This can be done by an email, or support ticket to your CCH representative.
Tax Integration Kit (includes API’s of Common)
Once you have been given access to the OIK, you will receive an email like the following.
2) Install the OIK by going to CCH Axcess Install and Update Manager
3) Click on Developer Tools on the left.
4) Select the latest OIK Version
5) Click Install.
The next article explains where to find your CCH Axcess IntegratorID.
Where do I Find My CCH Axcess IntegratorID?
Tallyfor requires the IntegratorID to identify your instance of CCH Axcess.
After the CCH Axcess OIK has been installed, please retrieve the IntegratorID. You will need it to complete setup in Tallyfor.
Below are instructions on how to find the IntegratorID.
1) Log in to CCH Axcess.
4) Click "Register Open Integration Kit".
5) Accept Terms, choose a location to save a file and Click "Download ID File"
6) The IntegratorID.llc will be saved where you designated.
8) You can find the IntegratorID between two tags <IntegratorKey> </IntegratorKey>.
9) Please now follow the steps in this article:
Using the CCH Axcess API Integration - Tips and Troubleshooting
How to Refresh Clients
Select the Year and form type you wish to refresh. Click ok.
If you are not logged into CCH Axcess, you will prompted to enter your credentials.