First Time Set Up for UltraTax
The the first time you use UltraTax with Tallyfor, you need to set up a column mapping. This helps UltraTax identify the columns of the Tallyfor generated file.
You only need to do this one time.
1. In Tallyfor, download an UltraTax file of a client you have mapped. You will use this file as an example.
2. In UltraTax, in a new client, Go to Utilities/Trial Balance Excel Import. (See screenshot below)
3. Under File, select the File you dowloaded in Step 1. Click Next.
4. Follow the instructions and use the dropdown arrows to identify the appropriate column. You need to map all five columns.
5. It will look like this when you're done, with Account Number, Account Description, Unit, Tax Code, and Amount properly identified. (In that order).
6. Under "Column mapping name", name the mapping "Tallyfor" or something recognizable for you. You will use this mapping for all future imports. Click Import.
7. You've now set up and save a column mapping. You can use this mapping for all future Tallyfor imports.
Mapping for Partnerships (as of Feb 9 2022)