Connecting Your Xero Client Data
1. Data Flow Diagram
Tallyfor pulls the Xero Trial Balance.
2. Getting Started
The Integration card on the Menu ribbon presents you with a few options to pull your Xero data.
- Each Client can have multiple Trial Balances and each Trial Balance can be connected to a single Xero organization.
- More than one Trial Balance can connect to one Xero organization.
- You can choose the Trial Balance date to pull over.
- You can choose Cash or Accrual.
- My data has changed in Xero, how do I refresh Tallyfor?
- Tallyfor remembers your Renames, Groupings, Tax Categorizations, and Journal Entries. Simply click Connect Xero again. Tallyfor will also remember the work you have done if you change the Date or Accounting Method.
- How do I disconnect from Xero?
- You can disconnect and delete previously downloaded data by clicking on the button "Disconnect and delete all accounts" found at the bottom of a Trial Balance. This will also delete Groupings, Renamings, Tax Mappings, and Journal Entries.
- What doesn’t your integration do?
- Book Journals are not currently pushed back to Xero.
- When and how does data sync occur?
- Data is synced once when you click the Connect Xero button. For your information, Tallyfor displays the date that the sync was last made.
- Can't connect to Xero
- If you get the following error message when you attempt to connect to Xero, the Xero API has hit a connection limit. Rest assured if you get this message, we are hard at work on correcting the issue asap (usually well under 24 hours)!
If don't want to wait for resolution you can import your Xero client data as an Excel file. Please follow the link below for instructions:
If you have questions, we are here for you! If you'd like to check in on the status of the issue or have any other questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org